Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hungry and I want Creme Fraiche

WOW!! It's 5:00a.m.

I was just so excited about this blog, so I must keep on writing.

I was really hungry before, but I figured it was too late to eat something.

I ate anyway... it was only one slice of whole wheat bread. It was delicious.

You know when you're hungry and just about anything you ate would be delicious? I was there. What I really wanted was some creme fraiche.

Creme fraiche is like a french sour cream. It is to die for. It is made by using one part sour cream, and one part heavy cream. It is mixed until the heavy cream is fused into the sour cream. It's super simple, and delicious. It tastes like really really plain yogurt to me.

It's really yummy on berries, but my favorite is when it's on something hot.

I love yin and yang in food, like food in the Japanese culture.



Paula Deen has this amazing recipe incorporating creme fraiche.

This should be the first sentence in this section, but whatever - here it is...

Paula Deen is the cutest thing ever. I feel as if she could be like my friend. She is many many years older than me, but let's be serious, she will forever be young at heart, and as corny as that is... it is true. We would have crazy fun though. We would cook, bake, talk about cute boys. I love how she's such a player on her show Paula's Party. She is the female food version of... Bob Barker when he was on the Price is Right. ( Shout out to Bob.)

She always has cute boys on there like Cameron Mathison from All My Children on Abc, that wannabe a soapstar show on Soapnet, and Instant Beauty Pagent on Style. He has a lot of jobs. I would make a Ryan Secreast joke about the job thing, but that's played out.

* You know who else is really cute... Tyler Florence from Food Network, but I guess we'll get to that at a later date...trust me... I can write a whole lot about him ;)

Back to how Paula's a pimp...

She lures all these cute boys with her amazing food, and then they're in love with her. I want that to work for me ;).

I love how unapologetic she is in the ingredients that she uses. She's been quotes in saying that three ingredients she can't live without are butter, mayo, and cream cheese, but let's be serious...who can live without those?

Like I go into my health freak-outs at times and buy all all fat free and reduced fat ingredients but in all honesty we all know that it doesn't taste good as the real stuff!!



Paula has this great recipe that includes creme fraiche.

It's her take on mashed potatoes, and then the creme fraiche is served on top. The potatoes are cooled by the creme fraiche and it is most definitely melt in your mouth yummy!!! Here she serves it with Scallops, but it makes a definite side dish.



Check it out!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/seared-diver-scallops-with-bacon-and-whole-grainbr-mustard-rubbr-recipe/index.html



P.S. People in my house are definitely drunk, and it is hilarious.







1 comment:

milton said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! and dam girl u sexy i just wanna li li li li lick YOU like a lollipop.MMMMMmmmmm