Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's me again

Hello All,

I'm soooo sorry that I haven't written in such a long time. You know the turkey coma from thanksgiving, the sugar-rush from Christmas, and the Chocolate from Valentine's Day really wore me out.

This is really late, but congratulations to our President. Regardless of political views, I feel as a congratulations is in order. It's monumental event in the history of our country, and we as Americans- we as people should be very proud of the progress that we have made.

So YAY US!!!!

In other news, which is not related to food at all... let's talk about Chris Brown and Rihanna.

Everyone is talking about this fiasco, which it is. It is absolutely ridiculous. By no means should a person be hit, let alone to a point where there is blood and physical bruising. That is not okay. It was shocking to me that people were defending the actions of the attacker by saying he was given some sort of disease. Does that merit physical abuse? Because if it does, how do you determine violence against your partner just, or as actual abuse? Are there levels? If you give someone mono, it's okay, but anything else deserves beaten up to the point where they have contusions? It's ridiculous. I just want to say no one deserves to be treated like this. Everyone deserves respect. VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN IS NEVER OKAY! VIOLENCE IS NEVER OKAY!! ABUSE DOES NOT EQUAL LOVE.



NOW TO FOOD!!

I haven't been eating out much. This recession has affected so many of us. But I have been to a couple of places and I'll share my experiences with you. These places are mainly in Midtown South/Chelsea.

In January, I went to Cafeteria and had a cufab time. Cufab- Culinary Fabulous.

It was a hip and trendy place. It was too loud for it's own good, and too crowded. The Front of the house was more than welcoming, which says a lot. People fail to realize the responsibilities of front of the house. They are the sales people of the restaurant. There's a lot of pressure that falls upon them. It is there job to provide the best hospitality that they possibly can. It their job to invite you in to their culinary hub and their duty to make the diner feel welcome enough to stay anticipate the food that they will be consuming. The greater the hospitality, the greater the disposition to eat there is, and I feel as Cafeteria was so on point with their front of the house staff so BRAVO!! We got their and my friend ordered a mixed berry mojito, which she said was her favorite. As soon as I saw Goat Cheese, I had to have it on my burger.

I was so hyped. Goat Cheese is one of those things that you either love of you hate. There is no in between. So my burger my arrived, and I bit into it. It wasn't bad. It wasn't bad at all. But it wasn't that good. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't terrible, but I expected more because of all of the rave reviews that Cafeteria constantly receives. To me what killed it was the Goat Cheese- SHOCKER! The Goat Cheese was definitely put on with a heavy hand, like cream cheese on a deli-bagel. I also thought that a smoother goat cheese would have benefited the burger allowing the flavors to not be so distinct, and blend better.
Foodometer Scale: B-
I gave it a B- because the food is good. I expected it to be much better, though.

Cafeteria
119 7th Ave, New York 10011
(At 17th St)
Phone: (212) 414-1717

I saw my friends KTB and Carolyn today. It was great. Katie goes to school here in the city while Carolyn goes to school in Connecticut. I met KTB's friends today,and they are HI-Larious. We met at Ginger House. It's such a cool spot. It's hard to believe that this place is in Chealsea/Midtown South area. This place can totally fit in Lower East Side. It's really good. It's a Great Cheap Eats place. I had vegetarian dumplings, and vegetable egg rolls. They were delicious. I do wish the egg rolls were larger though. The food comes out fairly quickly, and everyone on the staff is willing to give you what you ask for.
Foodometer Scale: A
Ginger House deserves an A. It's a great place for Asian food. You can dine in or take-out. It really doesn't matter, because the food is that good. And in this economy, places like this are key. Good Food + Reasonable Prices= Happy Trish

Ginger House
330 7th Ave,
New York 10001
Phone: (212) 760-2661

Seven
Seven is a great American Bistro time of place.
It's a really great relatively inexpensive place in Midtown. Grilled Roasted Chicken with potatoes is what I ordered. It was so good. The natural jus was just perfect. Sometimes you get it, and it's really salty, but not here. Everyone was super attentive and I had a great dining experience. The ambiance was perfect for almost any occasion. It was versatile, which was good.
Foodometer: A
I gave it an A because it gets hard to find good restaurants in Midtown. Some of them are super gimmicky, so they don't have to pay attention to the food, while others are places that tourist go because it is the place to go. It gets difficult to find a great dining experience that encompasses great company with the surrounding diners and great food in Midtown.

Seven
350 7th Ave,
New York 10001
Phone: (212) 967-1919


Hopefully, I will be writing more soon.
I will be putting up some recipes in the near future, that I think you will love.
Peace, Love and always Good Food,
Trish

No comments: